We explain what pillar 3a is and why a private pension makes sense for you.
You might think you’re too young to worry about such things. But you’d probably like to remain independent and decide yourself how you’ll spend your retirement. Saving and investing in the frankly pillar 3a app should help you do just that – without much paperwork or effort.
Invest a few minutes of your time today so that you have optimum financial security in the future. You’ll see that it’s easier than you thought.
To help you understand what the third pillar is, we’ll give you a brief overview of the Swiss three-pillar pension system:
Your future retirement pension is based metaphorically on three pillars (the three-pillar principle), and it aims to ensure the security and quality of your life in retirement.
Unfortunately, pensions from the AHV (pillar 1) and pension funds (pillar 2) are often not sufficient to maintain people’s previous standard of living. This is known as the “pension gap”. It means that your future pension will probably only cover 60% of your current income. Pillar 3a is so important because it enables you to close this gap.
To be able to maintain your standard of living in old age, we recommend that you set up a pillar 3 account with frankly. In our pension calculator, we show you how much you can save.
frankly is rated in the Top 10 in the category «provider with the best performance over 5 years».
You’ve already taken the first step because you’re here. In general, the earlier you start your pension plan, the fewer financial worries you’ll have when you retire.
At frankly, we recommend the following:
If you don’t have a pillar 3a account yet:
1. Download the frankly app for free or register online and set up a pillar 3a account. It takes just a few minutes. All you need to open an account is a smartphone, tablet or computer and an ID card. Everything is done digitally – without any paperwork.
2. When you open your account, you choose your own investment strategy or the pillar 3a in cash (risk level "0 = No risk”). Are you interested in investments and have little or no investment knowledge? Don’t worry. We’ll help you. You will be supported in your decision and can choose between five strategies (from security-conscious to opportunity-oriented) according to your personal risk tolerance.
3. You’ve done it! Once you have successfully set up your frankly pillar 3a account, click on the «+» and select «Deposit» to transfer your first pension contributions. In the web version, click on the “Deposit” tile. Don’t worry – you’re under no obligation. With frankly, you decide for yourself how much to pay in – deposits can be made from as little as CHF 1 and there is no minimum term.
Do you already have a pillar 3a account with another provider?
1. You save on taxes
2. frankly opening in a few minutes
3. With as little as CHF 1
4. Simple & understandable – fully digital
5. Attractive yield opportunities through high-quality investment products
6. Radical pricing model
7. Our community discount
8. Safety & experience of Zürcher Kantonalbank
The earlier you start with your pension planning, the greater your financial leeway in the future. You can save more money over a longer period of time and pay less tax at the same time! It’s best to open a pillar 3a account as soon as you start working. The earlier the better. But even if you’ve been working for some time now, you can still pay into the third pillar up to five years after you reach AHV retirement age, provided you remain employed.
The only requirement is that you are gainfully employed in Switzerland and that you have an income subject to AHV contributions. You can see here how much you can pay in.
Benefit now from CHF 35.-* voucher + a chance to win CHF 1,000 >
Please rotate device